RMSpumptools Subsea Valve Sensor provides the exact position of the subsea valve and can be used on a variety of valve applications including Choke and HIPPS. The 2 wire, 4-20mA current loop output, non-contacting magnetic Subsea Valve Position Sensors are available in various styles and configuration to harness/mate with subsea connectors as a package supply.
The Subsea Valve Position Sensor measures the direction of the magnetic field generated by external magnets. The system can be divided into two main mechanical components, the magnetic drivehead assembly and the sensor body assembly. The magnetic drivehead assembly is attached to the output shaft of the valve actuator. When the valve moves, the magnetic drivehead assembly rotates around four magnetic sensors built inside the nose of the sensor body assembly.
The angle of the magnetic field relative to the sensor body assembly is determined by measuring two components of the field at right angles to each other. These magnetic resolutes are processed by the electronics inside the magnetic sensor assembly, resulting in a closed loop signal of between 4mA and 20mA.
Features & Benefits
- Ultra Deep Water Capability - Sensors suitable for depths of up to 3,000 metres.
- Non-Contacting - No moving parts or dynamic seals to wear.
- Solid-State Electronic Components - Ensures superb levels of reliability and accuracy with low drift characteristics.
- Extensive Shock and Vibration Tested - M.T. failure analysis calculated at 67 years.
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 Standards - Designed, manufactured, assembled and rigorously tested to ISO 9001 approved quality standards.
- Interchangeable in the Field - Each sensor is programmed and calibrated on master rig, then pressure tested as per customer requirements.
- Bespoke Solutions - To meet specific customer applications.
Products you might also be interested in
We provide full product training to ensure you get the most from your RMSpumptools equipment. Training can be provided on or offshore and also accessed online through our dedicated training portal.
With decades of proven engineering excellence, our products and innovative approach to design engineering provides solutions to some common, yet challenging upstream problems. Our tech consistently performs at the very outer limits of what’s possible.
HP / HT
We design products and systems to meet the complex requirements of HP/HT in sectors such as ESP Artificial Lift, Subsea, GeoThermal and SAGD
Our slimline, low profile designs are ideally suited to fit into restricted spaces without compromising quality or performance
We have developed an extensive range of products and systems to withstand the harsh environments of high H2S and CO2