The WellConnect™ Downhole Cable Mechanical Splice is designed to join two separate cables providing a continuous electrical connection. The Splice is sealed against the environment in an outer Metallic body and is mechanically joined to both ends of the gauge cable providing a metal to metal seal.
The splice is fully insulated against electrical tracking through thermoplastic and elastomeric sleeves.
- Design Life: 10 years
- Location within Completion: Downhole
- Rated Pressure: 10,000 Psi
- Test Pressure: 15,000 Psi
- Operating Temperature Range: -18ºC to 121ºC (0ºF to 250ºF)
- Storage Temperature Range: -40ºC to 70ºC (-40ºF to 158ºF)
- Crimp Termination Strength: >75% UTS of Cable
- Cable Pull Out Force: >1300 lbf (5783N)
- Sealing: M-M Primary, Elastomeric Secondary
- Orientation: Keyed Interfaces if Required
Features & Benefits
- Metal to Metal Sealing
- Elastomeric Back-up
- 1/4 & 1/8 Cables
- Test Port for Onsite Verification
Products you might also be interested in
We provide full product training to ensure you get the most from your RMSpumptools equipment. Training can be provided on or offshore and also accessed online through our dedicated training portal.
With decades of proven engineering excellence, our products and innovative approach to design engineering provides solutions to some common, yet challenging upstream problems. Our tech consistently performs at the very outer limits of what’s possible.
HP / HT
We design products and systems to meet the complex requirements of HP/HT in sectors such as ESP Artificial Lift, Subsea, GeoThermal and SAGD
Our slimline, low profile designs are ideally suited to fit into restricted spaces without compromising quality or performance
We have developed an extensive range of products and systems to withstand the harsh environments of high H2S and CO2